by aelegant |
February 16, 2014 · 5:37 pm
Ah-Lan Dance is now offering drop-in fitness classes for children and adults throughout the week! Just come when you can and take these classes when they fit into your schedule. No memberships needed!
We are currently offering classes in:
- Zumba (children and adult classes)
- Chinese Dance for Exercise (adult classes)
- Ballet (children and adult classes)
- Modern Dance (children classes)
- Hula Hoop (children and adult classes)
- Latin Ballroom (adult classes)
See the Schedule and Learn More >>
by aelegant |
November 24, 2012 · 11:26 am
The Christmas holiday break will be from Monday Dec. 23rd to Friday, Jan. 4th. Classes will resume on Saturday Jan. 5th.
Also mark your calendar with the 2013 Chinese New Year Performances:
- Albany Community Center Chinese New Year Celebration, Thursday February 7th, 2013, 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Solano Ave. Association Chinese New Year Performance, Sunday February 10th, 2013, 9am-1pm, Albany Twin Movie Theater
Wu-gong- Starts Thursday 9/6
This Monday/Thursday class teaches Chinese dance technique to kids. Please note: 8 is the minimum age to take either Wugong class and is by instructor invitation. Students who take both Wugong classes will get a discount. In this class students will learn advanced Chinese dance technique. Wugong helps dancers with strength and flexibility and is fundamental to preparing the body for dance.
Thursday Adult Performing Class- Starts Thursday 9/6
This class is similar to our Saturday adult performing class and prepares a Chinese dance piece for performances throughout the year. Please note that Saturday class times are slightly changed from last year because we have added a new class due to popular demand.
All Saturday Classes- Start Saturday 9/8
We have performing classes for kids, teenagers, adults, and a separate boys class that prepare Chinese dance pieces for performances throughout the year.
Adult Chinese Dance for Exercise- Starts Monday 9/10
This non performing class is for adults who want to learn Chinese dance but prefer not to perform on stage. Ah-lan will teach dance styles from different regions of China. Popular Chinese songs will be use to accompany the dances, so you can enjoy beautiful Chinese music while you dance.
New: Beginning Ballet, WuGong (end of summer), Chinese Dance for Exercise (end of summer)
The three ballet classes are on Saturday’s running from June 16th through August 11th. Register for all 9, or for any 6.
- New: Beginning Ballet (1:30-2:15)- Our littlest dancers can learn ballet over the summer. Good for student’s just learning to dance.
- Intermediate Ballet (2:15-3:30)- will teach new steps and more advanced technique. The longer format of the class propels dancers to a new level. Continue reading →
Due to conflicts with the teachers’ schedules all classes on Saturday October 8th have been postponed until January 15th, 2012.
Enjoy Fleet week.
We look forward to seeing everyone next Saturday, October 15th.
1) Wugong class on Mondays from 6:25pm to 7:25pm. This is in addition to Thursday night’s Wugong class.
Please note: 8 is the minimum age to take either Wugong class. Like the Thursday Wugong class, this class is also by instructor invitation. Students who take both Wugong classes will get a discount. In this class students will learn advanced Chinese dance technique. Wugong helps dancers with strength and flexibility and is fundamental to preparing the body for dance.
2) Chinese Dance Class for Exercise will be on Monday nights from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. This is a new class for adults who want to learn Chinese dance but prefer not to perform on stage. Ah-lan will teach dance styles from different regions of China. Popular Chinese songs will be use to accompany the dances, so you can enjoy beautiful Chinese music while you dance.
3) Boys’ Dance class on Saturday afternoons from 4:00pm to 5:00pm for ages 6-10. This class will focus on Chinese dance techniques and Wugong and learn different styles of Chinese Dance. This class will prepare for stage performances. Ah-lan and an assistant teacher will prepare the boys for a performance next June.
Learn About our other classes and class expectations on our classes page.
Looking for a summer class? Our Chinese dance classes are on break for the summer, but we still have summer ballet classes.