Ah-Lan Dance is now offering drop-in fitness classes for children and adults throughout the week! Just come when you can and take these classes when they fit into your schedule. No memberships needed!
We are currently offering classes in:
- Zumba (children and adult classes)
- Chinese Dance for Exercise (adult classes)
- Ballet (children and adult classes)
- Modern Dance (children classes)
- Hula Hoop (children and adult classes)
- Latin Ballroom (adult classes)
See the Schedule and Learn More >>
Celebrate Chinese New Year with Ah-Lan Dance. You can find us performing in Albany and San Francisco:
- San Francisco Main Public Library Chinese New Year Celebration: Saturday, February 2nd, 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Albany Community Center Chinese New Year Celebration: Thursday, February 7th, 2013, 2:30pm-5:00pm
- Solano Ave Association Chinese New Year Celebration: Sunday, February 10th, 9am-1pm, Albany Landmark Twin Theater
“Raining in a Small Town” 《小城雨巷》
The Christmas holiday break will be from Monday Dec. 23rd to Friday, Jan. 4th. Classes will resume on Saturday Jan. 5th.
Also mark your calendar with the 2013 Chinese New Year Performances:
- Albany Community Center Chinese New Year Celebration, Thursday February 7th, 2013, 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Solano Ave. Association Chinese New Year Performance, Sunday February 10th, 2013, 9am-1pm, Albany Twin Movie Theater
Wu-gong- Starts Thursday 9/6
This Monday/Thursday class teaches Chinese dance technique to kids. Please note: 8 is the minimum age to take either Wugong class and is by instructor invitation. Students who take both Wugong classes will get a discount. In this class students will learn advanced Chinese dance technique. Wugong helps dancers with strength and flexibility and is fundamental to preparing the body for dance.
Thursday Adult Performing Class- Starts Thursday 9/6
This class is similar to our Saturday adult performing class and prepares a Chinese dance piece for performances throughout the year. Please note that Saturday class times are slightly changed from last year because we have added a new class due to popular demand.
All Saturday Classes- Start Saturday 9/8
We have performing classes for kids, teenagers, adults, and a separate boys class that prepare Chinese dance pieces for performances throughout the year.
Adult Chinese Dance for Exercise- Starts Monday 9/10
This non performing class is for adults who want to learn Chinese dance but prefer not to perform on stage. Ah-lan will teach dance styles from different regions of China. Popular Chinese songs will be use to accompany the dances, so you can enjoy beautiful Chinese music while you dance.
On August 12, 2012 Ah-Lan Dance dancers Alissa Elegant and Camille Gwise won first place in their age group and the second highest score overall at Northern California Chinese Athletic Federation’s International Martial Arts and Dance Invitational for their duet “Leaving Home” 《出走》。 “Leaving Home” is a Mongolian Dance set to the popular song “Home, My Heaven”《天堂》。You may have seen them perform it when they debuted the piece this June in our Spring Gala.